Title: "Marc Bolan David Bowie – a Tribute to the Madmen"
Label: Black Widow Records
Release date: 30 September 2017
1. Paul Roland Meadows Of The Sea
2. Paul Roland The Prettiest Star
3. Bari Watts By The Light Of A Magical Moon
4. Bari Watts Lady Stardust
5. Adrian Shaw Jeepster
6. Adrian Shaw It’s Ain’t Easy
7. The Danse Society Ride A White Swan
8. The Danse Society Scary Monster
9. V. Peraino Kingdom Come Monolith
10. V. Peraino Kingdom Come Panic In Detroit
11. La Fabbrica Dell’Assoluto Metropolis
12. La Fabbrica Dell’Assoluto Big Brother
13. Death SS 20th Century Boy
14. Death SS Cat People (Cutting Out Fire)
15. Presence Children Of The Revolution
16. Presence We Are The Dead
17. Franck Carducci The Slider
18. Franck Carducci Life On Mars
1. The Hounds Of Hasselvander Chariot Choogle
2. The Hounds Of Hasselvander Cracked Actor
3. Blooding Mask Beltane Walk
4. Blooding Mask The Hear’st Filthy Lesson
5. Il Segno Del Comando Mambo Sun
6. Il Segno Del Comando Ashes To Ashes
7. Sophya Baccini’s Aradia Cosmic Dancer
8. Sophya Baccini’s Aradia Velvet Goldmine
9. Silvia Cesana Girl
10. Silvia Cesana Heroes
11. O.A.K. Cat Black
12. O.A.K. The Man Who Sold The World
13. Witchwood Child Star
14. Witchwood Rock’n’roll Suicide
15. Elohim Ride A White Swan
16. Elohim Let’s Dance
1. Northwinds Childe
2. Northwinds Space Oddity
3. Freddy Delirio Buick Mackane
4. Freddy Delirio Rebel Rebel
5. General Stratocuster & The Marshals Metal Guru
6. General Stratocuster & The Marshals Moonage Daydream
7. The Mugshots Pain And Love
8. The Mugshots China Girl
9. Electric Swan Midnight
10. Rama Amoeba Telegram Sam
11. Rama Amoeba Dandy in the Underworld
12. Landskap Ballroom Of Mars
13. Landskap Look Back In Anger
14. Blue Dawn Rip Off
15. Blue Dawn Warszawa
Difficult to me to be able to be objective in front of a tribute of two absolute icons. Mark Bolan and David Bowie, two characters that I really love, especially the White Duke, an incomparable character and artist. Two icons of glam rock, two absolute genes.
I imagine this tribute was driven by love for both of these musicians, which is not just a selling move.
All known tracks, in three CDs, in which the most famous T-Rex and Bowie songs are proposed and in which you can listen to many artists, engaged into this spectacular tribute.
The first CD, the musicians are Paul Roland, great his interpretation of “The Prettiest Star”, Bari Watts, with the always enchanting “Lady Stardust”, Adrian Shaw, with a good interpretation of “Jeepster”, Danse Society, Kingdom Come, Franck Carducci, Presence, La Fabbrica dell’Assoluto and Death SS with the brilliant “20th Century Boy”, absolutely great, and good cover of “Cat People (Cutting Out Fire)”, Franck Carducci in “Life On Mars”. The second CD sees other important name as Joe Hasselvander, in a splendid “Chariot Choogle”, Blooding Mask, Il Segno del Comando in an amazing version of “Ashes To Ashes”, Aradia, Silvia Cesana, Oak with two good “Cat Black” and “The Man Who Sold The World”. Witchwood with an amazing cover of “Rock’n’roll Suicide”. Elohim in a brilliant “Ride A White Swan”.
The third CD sees Northwinds in “Space Oditty”, General Stratocuster & the Marshals in an excellent “Metal Guru”, Freddy Delirio, Mugshots, Electric Swan, Rama Amoeba, Landskap and Blue Dawn with the great and difficult interpretation of "Warszawa" .
Although in a personal way, each of the songs is faithful to the original, and I'm happy about that. Each interpretation has remained marked as each song was born.
A great work for a tribute that will remain to posterity, a work for every collector and lover of the two genes, is unmissable, I had to change my mind about my skepticism.
Glam, glitter and Ostrich boa will remain in my hearts forever.
David Bowie & Marc Bolan - "The Prettiest Star"